Home | Case Studies |
Booths On-The-Go Wrap Packaging
Booths, the award-winning sustainable retailer based in the North of England, are continually enhancing their environmental credentials. Booths wanted to re-package their range of on the go food wraps; they were looking for an environmentally friendly solution that would contribute towards better sustainability of their food packaging.
The Sherwood Group were able to meet Booths’ requirements by applying Puracoat®, an environmentally friendly, water-based barrier control, onto the wrap packaging as an effective alternative to film/plastic based options. Combined with biodegradable window material, we produced a truly sustainable packaging solution.
- Suitable for direct food contact
- An environmentally friendly, water-based barrier control
- Grease resistant to highest Kit 12 rating
- Verified independently by Smithers Pira
- Fully recyclable and biodegradable in line with BS EN 13432
- Flexible application levels to meet end use requirements
- Reduced turnaround time, improving speed to market
The End Result
- 100% recyclable packaging and biodegradable including the window material
- 3.4% saving compared to an alternative PE lined material
- 50% reduction in lead times compared with PE lined material
- Finalist at The UK Packaging Awards 2018